Society Development Division
Role of the Development Division
- Approving and amending manpower assessments of cooperative societies.
- Appointments and removals of director boards of cooperative societies.
- Revision of by-laws done under the prior approval of the Commissioner of Cooperative Development.
- Giving approval to purchase and dispose the assets with financial value for which the Assistant Commissioners of Cooperative Development cannot give approval.
- Giving approval for the constructions with financial value for which the Assistant Commissioners of Cooperative Development cannot give approval
- Giving approval for foreign visits of Director Board and staff of the cooperative societies and bearing expenses for them.
- Giving approval for cooperative societies to obtain loans from the cooperative fund.
- Giving approval for cooperative societies to operate new projects.
- Providing required reports to the Cooperative Employees Service Commission, line department of Cooperative Development and other institutions related to the Cooperative Movement and coordination between these institutions and cooperative societies.
- Conducting investigations related to public petitions and frauds, corruptions and irregularities of the societies through the Assistant Commissioners offices and submitting the reports to the relevant divisions and institutions with recommendations.
- Giving recommendations required to issue circulars related to the operation of the Division to the Commissioner of Cooperative Development.
- Registration, supervision of the cooperative societies of which the jurisdiction is Western Province and assisting them for development activities.