Role of the legal and referee division
- Accepting to inquire in to various disputes, appointing referees, taking over and checking investigated referee files.
- Court empowerment of the relevant dispute according to the request of the societies when the accused does not pay the sums according to the referee decisions.
- Accepting appeals received against the referee decisions and directing them to the Commissioner Registrar of Cooperative Development for inquiry and declaring decisions after the inquiry.
- Filing resentments for the objections made in empowering referee decisions of the magistrate court.
- Obtaining lawyer assistance for the cases filed against the Department and getting required interpretations for the legal matters from the Department of Attorney General.
- Giving recommendations required to control referee accounts to the Accounts Division.
- Giving relevant recommendations to the Commissioner in issuing divisional circulars.